Governor Workshops 2016 - 2017
Facilitated Workshop for Governors - Safeguarding
Date: Monday 6 February 2017
Venue: Chantry Community Academy, Ordnance Road, Gravesend DA12 2RL
Protecting children is a complex and challenging issue in schools and staff have a key role in this work. The aims of this Governor training session will be:
- Provide information to Governors regarding the responsibilities of safeguarding and child protection.
- Provide information on current legislation and statutory guidance with regard to safeguarding.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education, September 2016 update.
- Promote proactive safeguarding.
- Categories of abuse.
- The role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead Governor.
- Roles and responsibilities of schools.
- £45 for members of Gravesham Learning Partnership
- £60 for non members