National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership
Target audience: NPQML participants (Cohort 9 - application round January 2017)
Course Date: Induction - March/April TBA
Course Location: GLP Centre, Chantry Community Academy, Ordnance Road, Gravesend DA12 2RL
Fees: GLP members: TBA Non members: TBA
- NPQML is aimed at individuals with responsibility for leading a team, including leaders of key stage, subject, curriculum, head of department and pastoral leaders.
- The qualification will support you in becoming a highly effective middle leader, with the skills, confidence and knowledge to drive successful team performance and improved classroom practice.
- You can tailor the programme to meet your particular priorities through your choice of electives and in-school project. A 360 review of your leadership skills will help you identify the areas you want to develop.
- To achieve the NPQML qualification you will need to successfully complete two essential modules and one elective module, which you can choose from a wide range of options.
- Leading teaching
- Managing systems and processes
- Leading Inclusion
- Leading an effective team
- Leading and developing staff
- Succeeding in middle leadership
- Leading change for improvement
- Leading in a diverse system
Each module involves up to 50 hours of blended learning, including face-to-face sessions, online learning and a school-based project. The support of a 'sponsor' from your school, usually your line manager or Headteacher, is essential to enable you to make the most of the programme.
The final assessment is submitted to an external assessor and comprises of a 20 page submission detailing your development as a leader through the leadership competencies assigned to this level while carrying out a School Improvement project and its impact alongside your development as a leader while engaged in it. Your school based coach and sponsor will also be required to contribute by verifying your submission and supporting with further evidence.